Monday, February 4, 2013

Are our lamps burning with love?

My son, Joseph with Blessed Mother Teresa
"Joy is love, the normal result of a heart burning with love. Our lamp will be burning with sacrifices made out of love if we have joy."~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

"Mother Teresa tells us that when our lamp burns with love it will be filled with joy. Being a parent means that we will endure many sacrifices  to raise our children properly. Even so, our lives will be filled with immense joy through it all knowing that we are answering our divine calling by raising little saints to heaven! How is your lamp burning? Does it need more oil? You can refuel it with extra love and prayer."~from my book, Bringing Lent Home with Mother Teresa

Lent begins in nine days!

I'd say it's time to come up with a plan. What are you planning to do for Lent in your domestic church? Please share with us.

3 comments:

  1. I have a confession to make. The thought of adding more penance to my already penitential life is more than I can bear. Isn't that horrible? Pray for me to your Mother Teresa that my heart will expand with generosity instead of contracting in fear.

    God bless you, dear friend.

    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I missed this comment earlier, Lorraine. But, since it's too tough to add something more to your plate, how about using what you already have? To look at each discomfort, inconvenience, hurt, or misunderstanding with new eyes? Ask God for the grace for "new eyes" and a "new heart." Offer everything to Him with love.

    Thank you very much for sharing here.

    God bless you!
    Donna-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why don't I think of things like that, Donna? That is a wonderful idea! I will do it!!

    Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete